Monday 16 May 2011

Cutting out bad habits and adding good ones!

Last post I wrote about getting my mind back into a healthy place after this small relapse. What does this involve? In a few steps, this is what I am, and will be doing.


Step one: Up calorie intake. I have completed this step, by moving my calorie intake from around 800 to 1,200 - 2,000. 


Step two: Stop weighing myself so much. I am going from weighing myself around 6 times a day, to once every couple of days. From here I will move to once a week, then from there...who knows. I didn't weigh myself this morning, and I don't want to weigh myself tomorrow. 


Step three: Stop exercising obsessively. Tomorrow I am going to cancel my gym membership which I have had for like 17 months, so this is a BIG deal for me. Now that I am running back from work, and walking to work I don't feel the need to go to the gym. 




These are the physical changes I need to make. After these are done I can start addressing the reasons that triggered me, and looking deeper into why I still feel the need to monitor my weight so rigorously. 




Do you know what is AMAZING? How much easier running is when I have eaten properly. Like I managed to beat my fasted time running home from work by 6 minutes today. 




I was wondering if I could share my intake today and get your opinion? Is it enough? Too much? Am I missing any food groups?


Breakfast: 2 Scrambled eggs on 1 piece brown toast.


Lunch: 1 cheese and tomato sandwich, 1 kiwi, some cherry tomatoes, packet of crisps, dates, small chocolate bar. (written down that lunch seems so big :(


Dinner: Sausage casserole. 


Desert: choc ice bar. 


Thoughts?





6 comments:

Hypophrenia Heart said...

Sounds really good :)
I keep a food diary as part of my therapy sessions, and it's very daunting sometimes, writing everything down and adding it all up, but it does help- it makes me consider my food more, and kind of reminds me to eat.

Take it slowly and appreciate how you feel after eating, and you'll begin to enjoy it more xx

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to read this post! This is what recovery is! I'm really proud of the changes you have made, even over these past two weeks. Good for you!

Wishing you well,
NOS

Lisa said...

AWESOMEEEEEEEEE

:) you can do this. I'm really glad to read this.

xoxo
-Lisa

flaweddesign said...

really proud of you for writing down what you need to do. it will be hard but i believe in you. do you have access to a dietician/nutritionist? it looks like your day was quite balanced. maybe low in dairy and satiety. are you taking any supplements like multivits or anything? maybe consider taking some calcium to top up what you get in your diet. that with healthy exercise will hopefully help your bones. i'm trying to recover from osteopenia but am on exercise restiction and OH DO I MISS RUNNING. and you are SO right....it feels so much better when you are properly nourished.

keep fighting!

brie said...

just wanted to say i'm proud of you for fighting to get yourself in a better place. i won't comment too much on your food intake, seeing as i'm not a dietician, but i really like your goals and i know you can stick to them!

Heather said...

God work pal :)
Looks perfect. Your lunch was not a lot, it was a very healthy, balanced meal. Well done.
<3 xxx