Friday 27 May 2011

Getting on with life...RECOVERY STYLE!

Who cares if I slipped? Some might say "Well that just SHOWS you're not recovered." I like to think of it like this...yes I relapsed, but I also dragged myself out before I got too deep. I knew perfectly well the relapse would end (that sounds odd but I KNEW it was going to be a short relapse). 

So what does normal life in recovery look like? At the moment it looks like this: working at an underwear shop (I LOVE helping people find what they want, and helping them find out what their size is), on my days of I enjoy  learning French via the internet, reading a kick ass book (at the moment it's 'Passion for Jesus' v inspiring), filling out forms for university (3 months to go!) going for a jog every now and then. Well you get the picture, at the moment my life is pretty damn leisurely. 

There is so much more to life than food. I mean look at my "50 things to do before I die" list (on the right) I want to do ALL of these! Do you realise how HARD it would be to do these things whilst hanging onto an eating disorder. THEY CONSUME YOUR LIFE. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love this post! You are so right-- there's so much more to life than an eating disorder. And they just hold you back.

And don't forget that a slip is not a relapse. You are still in recovery even if you have a bad stretch of days.

Wishing you well,
NOS

Lisa said...

:)

xoxo

Haley said...

yayy! I love these positive posts :)
You're right. ED sucks. Don't let it ruin your life. There's so much more.
Praying for you and your beautiful self! :)
<3