- I have succesfully Pulled Myself Together. For now. It took my a few days to get out of the pity party but I'm out now. I managed to get some persepective on the eating disordered thoughts (I weighed myself, turns out I haven't gained the 10000lbs I was convinced I had gained.)
|It took my a while to get this...refer to title of post.|
- The funeral went okay. A good turnout. It turns out my Uncle had passed on a message to the minister before he died, for her to say at the funeral. The message was to his wife, my aunt "I know I am not the most demonstative man, but I love you, and have been so happy with you, God blessed me the day I met you." My uncle wasn't one for being emotional, so this was a beautiful moment to share with my aunt.
- Sometimes good things come out of bad situations, even though it's awful my uncle has died, it meant my cousins from Spain were able to come over to us in England and spend time with us, they spent the day with us yesterday, we played poker for hours, chatted, watched films. It was a practically perfect day. I love my family so much. I am so blessed to have been put in my family.
- A few posts ago I wrote of how I was changing my behaviours, and one of these was the amount of alcohol I consume. I haven't drunken for months now, and I could tell when I had one gin and coke today and it went STRAIGHT to my head. Wooosh. I like it that I can tell I haven't drunken at all recently. I had it 2 hours ago and I'm still a little light headed. (I know I know....I'm turning into my mother.)
- Right now I am resisting eating more sweet food, as I have already had a cake this evening, I'm not restricting as I let myself have the cake, I am practising stopping when I'm full. After 20 minutes the urges to eat lots of sweet things dies down, and I find it easier to resist them. Yay :)