Tuesday 19 April 2011

Fitness is FUN.

Recently I've been going crazy over group fitness classes. I've been a member of my gym for a year now. But always went to the gym alone. But on a whim I decided to challenge myself and go to a class on my own. First I tried spinning (on a bike...massively hard work, very very sweaty and really gets your heart beating...to the point you think it might stop.) The buzz you get after a spin class is great. I may not enjoy working so hard at the time but you feel GREAT after. You gotta love exercise endorphins.

I've also tried 20/20 mix, 20 minutes of step, 20 of aerobics, 20 of core muscle training. Not as intense as spin, but still gets your heart pumping.

Today I tried circuit training (led by a man who looked just like George Clooney *swoon*.) It was great. Going to different 'stations' doing different exercises for short periods of time. For example 50 seconds running, 50 seconds starjumps, 50 second crunches etc. etc.

Tomorrow I have beginner pilates (I went once, very relaxing after all the heart pumping classes) and on Thursday I have kickboxercise which I haven't tried yet. I am also curious about hula hoop class, watch this space!!

I hopped on the scale this morning and I've lost another pound. This scares the CRAP outta me. When I loose weight I get a teeny bit obsessed. I have lost 3 lbs in two days. What?! How?! No idea. But damn it, this makes me want to loose more and I feel fearful that I will regain the weight.


GREAT NEWS: I have just realised I haven't purged in (drumroll please) roughly 7 months. 7 FREAKIN' months. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

If I can do it you can too girlies (yes I know what you're thinking "but I can't...I'm too deep in....I'm totally trapped....I just can't stop.) I'm walking proof you CAN. There is NOTHING special about me that I can recover and you 'can't' you can. Perseverence guys. Sucks at times, a lot at the start, relapses happen. But you can DO it. Seriously. You can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! 7 months! That's fantastic BIM. It's been great following your progress by reading this blog. I wish you continued recovery!

Wishing you well,
NOS