Friday 17 June 2011

Giving up refined sugar.

Yesterday I started doing research into refined sugar, and I got a little freaked! I couldn't believe how many regular, every day foods that have added sugar. It scared me. So today I tried to cut down on my refined sugar.
So here is how the day went

So breakfast, I thought this would be an easy meal to avoid refined sugar. Then I looked at my cereal boxes. The majority have sugar listed in there top 3 ingredients. I ended up having Wheetabix with strawberries.
Later I snacked on a banana.
Lunch came, and I tend to have a bread based lunch. I settled on a bagel, but still wasn't sure if it was okay! A bagel with tuna, tomato and rocket. I was really craving something sweet after this so had dried apricots and a couple of  prunes.
Throughout the afternoon I had more apricots, a pair and some more strawberries.

For dinner I had chicken wraps. MORE strawberries for dessert.

When I inputted this into a health website it said I'd gone quite a bit over the sugar allowance....WHAT?!?!?!  Seriously?? How? Gah this got me annoyed.
Anyway tomorrow I am working 6 hours, which is not too shabby, then having a nice walk or run home as I haven't exercised today cause I've felt under le weather.
In regards to the post that I wrote about last post I have changed the title and got rid of the link, this has really eased my conscience on the matter, cheers for the advice duckies!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

be careful with taking food out of your diet. It's a slippery slope hun. stay away from that.


just be careful

xoxo
-Lisa

Haley said...

Yea, I agree with Lisa. You might want to be careful with your diet restrictions. It's good to keep sugar in check, but I wouldn't go so far as to limit things like bagels that you do enjoy eating.
As for the website saying you went over the limit, that's cuz you had a bunch of fruit! They still count fruit as sugar because it technically does have a lot in it, it's just not refined, so it's much better for you.

Anyway, though, thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog. I know that you have been through so much, and having you striving towards healthiness right there with me is very reassuring.
I hope you're doing as well as this post seems to say :)
<3 Haley