Friday 3 December 2010

Don't say you know me, because I don't know me.

Some snippets of what people have said they know about me:
"You're an introvert."
"You're an extrovert."
"You're a snob."
"You're a slag."
"You're loud."
"You're quiet."
"You're creative."
"You're not very artistic."

I can't put up with other people telling me who I am. I'm confused enough as it is!! I think I'm being friendly and chatty then later the person tells me they thought I was really cold with them. 

Answers anyone? Anyone else fancy telling me who I am? Because I have no. fucking. clue. 

6 comments:

kiz said...

i tried being who i thought i was or should be, what people thought i should be. and i grow more and more confused and with confusion came sadness. and ultimatley a friend told me to be me and not worry about who you are just live and let be xxx

Anonymous said...

you are beautiful, wonderful, caring, artistic, thoughtful, intelligent.

that is what i see.

Incredible Eating Anorexics said...

fuck what everyone else says. who cares? you can't control what they think or say. you can control what you think and say. so work on that. work on your thoughts and feelings. :-) xxx

les jeune fille à les oiseaux said...

seems to me like it's all a contradiction, what those people said. maybe it's better to never ask what you are or who you are but to discover it yourself through hell and back.

and if you die without knowing, at least you'll have adventures and experiences to tell about.

Anonymous said...

One of the problems with depending on other people to tell you who you are is that everyone sees the world through a different lens, and therefore everything they say is somewhat distorted. Another problem is that when people change or leave, does that mean you've changed or left? Probably not.

I'm sure you've heard this before, but the person whose opinion is the most important is you. And you may now know what your opinion is yet, but that doesn't mean that others are right.

I hope that made sense.

Wishing you well,
NOS

PerfectingMyEmptiness said...

i can't tell you who you are if not even you know.
let me know what you have found out, so that i can complete with what i have noticed about you